International Student Admissions
What Is International Student Admission
- International Student Admission is the process for non-Indonesian nationals to seek admission into regular (taught in Indonesian) or international (taught in English) study programs in Brawijaya University (UB).
- Admission of international students into the study programs in UB is subject to program availability, admission eligibility, and the approval of a Student Pass (STP) by Immigration regulations.
Eligibility for Admission
- Candidates will be regarded as international applicants if they are not of Indonesian nationality.
- Candidates must demonstrate good academic competence proven by high academic merit. International applicants should apply directly to UB by filling the online application form and submitting a set of necessary documents.
- The eligibility for admission is based on a desk evaluation conducted by the UB admissions committee on the academic achievement of candidates. There is no entry test for admissions unless special conditions are present.
- International applicants must meet academic and language requirements and commit to comply with specific regulations of the Indonesian government related to education policy in order to apply for a degree at Brawijaya University.
- International Undergraduate Program applicants should demonstrate English language proficiency with a minimum International TOEFL (ITP) score of 500/IELTS overall score of 5.5 (international programs in English) or a minimum of Indonesian language proficiency (regular programs in Indonesian).
Undergraduate Program Admission
- Admission to an undergraduate program requires good academic performance in high school or college.
Postgraduate Program Admission
- Admission to a Master’s Program requires good honors for a Bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree or equivalent in the subject or related discipline.
- Admission to a Doctoral Program requires an excellent record for a Master’s degree and capability in conducting academic research. Applicants to a Doctoral Program holding an international publication (journal) are preferred.
- Undergraduate:February-August (for A level) and September-January (for O level)
- Postgraduate: September-January and February-August
Documents that should be prepared to apply online
- Current color photograph (min: 100 Kb, max: 1 Mb)
- Certificate/diploma and academic transcript
- Evidence of English proficiency certificate – TOEFL/IELTS (for non-native speakers of English)
- Certificate of Indonesian language course(s) (if any)
- Copy of passport
- For Master’s and PhD programs, a research proposal is required to be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com
For further information related to International Admissions, contact:
Universitas Brawijaya International Office
Jalan Veteran, Malang 65142
East Java, Indonesia
+62 341 557 923
+62 341 579 743