East Java Exploration (EJX) program is a short online program organized by 9 East Java universities such as Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, UPN Veteran Jawa Timur, Universitas Negeri Surabaya, Universitas Negeri Malang, Universitas Trunojoyo Madura, UIN Sunan Ampel Surabaya, Universitas Airlangga , Universitas Brawijaya, and Universitas Jember. This program is designed as a general course using multidisciplinary approach for national and foreign participants to explore East Java in various aspects. Through online series of lecture, discussion, case study, observation, and direct interaction with people from different background, the participants would gain better understanding about East Java and its potential and challenges.
This year 2021, Universitas Negeri Malang will be the host of the program. There will be some interesting topics for participants that will be learned through online explanation and cases. Below are the topics:
- Smart City
- Creativity of Indonesian Students in Welcoming the New Normal Era
- Surabaya Youth Identity: “Bonek Culture”
- Malangan Javanese and Walikan Language
- Salt Innovation
- Culture and Tradition in Eid Fitri
- East Java Creative Industries: Learn from Surabaya & Banyuwangi
- Start-up Ecosystem in Kota Malang
- Institutional Arrangement of Tobacco for Community Welfare and Tobacco for Health
Let’s learn, experience and share about East Java, Indonesia.
- Open for Public;
- Being recommended by the International Office of Home University or Home Institution (template is provided).
Required Documents (Students)
- CV (in English);
- Motivation Letter (in English; 200 words);
- Able to speak in English;
- Academic Transcript (all semesters for students);
- Recommendation Letter (Download template here);
- Scan of Passport or Student Card.
Required Documents (Non-Students)
- Motivation Letter (in English);
- Scan of Passport or Identity Card.
- Registration Deadline (22 May, 2021)
- Selection (May – June, 2021)
- Result Announcement (June, 2021)
- EJx 2021 (21 June – 9 July, 2021)
Let’s Join US!
For further information and how to apply, please click the link below